Plant & Works Engineering
Dropped object prevention
Published:  01 December, 2016

Westmark.jpgWESTMARK BV says its new website promotes safety to prevent dropped object accidents. The company says this online platform does not guard against bird droppings, comets or asteroids falling from the sky, but instead focuses on accidents arising from items that fall from multi-level worksites. Dropped object risks account for a significant number of severe accidents in the offshore and other labour intensive industries and Westmark says its new website offers simple and affordable solutions to prevent such accidents and improve safety.

According to the Health & Safety Executive, approximately 55 % of all accidents on board a drilling rig or well operating platform are caused by dropped objects. The other 45 % are caused by falling from heights, slips, trips and falls, handling or tools and machinery operations.

t: +31.(0)33.4614844


Click here for the full unedited verion of the release as provided by the company